We here at the NoSafeWord Podcast decided that we would deviate from our normal format for the show in light of the horrific tragedy that happened in Orlando last night. The entire LGBT community today was the victim of terror, and the Orlando community itself is dealing with the terrible aftermath of this unconscionable act. We wanted to take a moment to share our thoughts and lend a voice of support to all our brothers & sisters out there during this difficult time.
We mentioned numerous articles and petitions on the show that we are providing to you now in the hopes that you will find them useful as well as give you the opportunity to lend your voice to the causes that may need your support as we wrestle with very difficult political questions this incident raises.
We love you and our community, and hope we all can heal together.
- In the News
- Interesting quotes
- Dan Savage tweeted: Stonewall 1969: cops rush into gay bar to arrest patrons. Pulse 2016: cops rush into gay bar to save patrons.
- PerroMutt: It’s important to not let extreme fundamentalists dictate your life. Be yourself. Be in control #Pride
- John Aravosis: I’d like someone to ask Cruz and Huckabee about the rally they attended not 6 months ago, where pastor called for gays to be put to death
- Mary Bruce: This will be the 18th time Obama has delivered a statement following a mass shooting during his presidency.
- Mike Huckabee: Please join Janet and me in praying for the victims of the Orlando attack and their families.
- GOP are asshaps
- Obama on PBS News Hour about Gun Control debate
- Blood Donations
- Petition to stop ban on gay men giving blood
- John Barcus: It’s legal to buy an AR-15 assault rifle. It’s illegal for a gay man to donate blood to victims of the massacre. The world makes no sense.