Description of Show
This week we have the pleasure of talking to Dixie De La Tour, a sexual folklorist who is the creator, producer, and host of Bawdy Storytelling.
- What Now?
- The Southern Poverty Law Center has been watching and cataloguing our home grown hate groups since 1971. They need your help to keep track in this new era of a growth in extremist activity. Donate at donate.splcenter.org
- Bawdy Storytelling
- Known as The Moth for pervs
- Show started 10 years ago in San Francisco, now also monthly in Seattle and touring different US cities
- Upcoming September 2017 dates in Brooklyn, Baltimore, and Boston. Check bawdystorytelling.com for more upcoming dates.
- There is a companion podcast available on the same platforms you find this cast.
About our Guest
Dixie De La Tour is a sexual folklorist, storyteller, entrepreneur, teacher, catalyst, coach, community builder, facilitator, & instigator (& that’s just for starters). She is the founder, curator & host of the award-winning sex and storytelling series, Bawdy Storytelling (“The nation’s original sex and storytelling series” – Playgirl, “The Moth for Pervs” – LA Weekly)
Called “a stiff shot of courage in a push-up bra”, Dixie is passionate about storytelling’s power to connect strangers. A former sex party producer & adult dating site community manager, she founded Bawdy Storytelling, a multi-city brand of sex-positive self advocacy that’s changing the world and making our relationships more authentic and accessible. Bawdy is hosting a national conversation about Sex and Kink as relayed through the personal stories told in the cities it visits – there is no better way to understand, empathize and accept than through storytelling!
As a storyteller, Dixie’s own dating stories can been heard on the Risk! podcast and her own Bawdy Storytelling podcast (which was selected by Esquire.com as a top 5 ‘Best Sex Podcast’) Ping her (she likes that) at @Bawdy, facebook.com/DixieDeLaTour & at www.BawdyStorytelling.com
Mr. S Leather Co.